Re: Kadettfest 2012 May 5th & 6th

Post by Ted O'Connell »

Nice history there.
Ted O'Connell,
086-3256751.
James Clarke

Post by James Clarke »

Am having doubts about including astra based models for overall prize. If we include astra based models it could be argued a Daewoo Tacuma is astra based so should be included. As a line has to be drawn somewhere methinks keeping to Kadett/astra/chevette models is the answer. As said before, all other models are more than welcome.

Hopefully as the meet builds over the years the possibility of different caterories for different models can be added to encompass more and more models but I think a core prize for best kadett/astra/chevette model will a distinctive part of kadettfest and should be kept as such. What do you's think?
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

You could stretch it to Zafira's & GT's. But I'd say to keep it to Opel/Vauxhall badged models only. Are we likely to have many Daewoo's?
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

Hmmm, I don't know. The Zafira kind of looks like an Astra but the chassis is only based on an Astra as far as I know, and the GT only shares a Kadett B chassis. Only real anoraks are going to know that and I think it'll just complicate things including them.
Sure the Daewoo Lanos was a Kadett E salloon chassis and the Daewoo Nexia was a Kadett E hatch with fancy headlights. I'd let a Nexia in before a Zafira to be honest...
I'd leave it Opel/Vauxhall models only for the time being.
Donal Conneely

Post by Donal Conneely »

Willie Ryan wrote:Hmmm, I don't know. The Zafira kind of looks like an Astra but the chassis is only based on an Astra as far as I know, and the GT only shares a Kadett B chassis. Only real anoraks are going to know that and I think it'll just complicate things including them.
Sure the Daewoo Lanos was a Kadett E salloon chassis and the Daewoo Nexia was a Kadett E hatch with fancy headlights. I'd let a Nexia in before a Zafira to be honest...
I'd leave it Opel/Vauxhall models only for the time being.
Ya i would be thinking the same but say if other models came that are on Opel/Vauxhall chassis or the like then you could add a section for this but again where do you end it.
And all the extra work that goes with it.
James Clarke

Post by James Clarke »

Click the link below for the route for the run on Sat.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157530629
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

Super stuff James, looks like a super route.
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Donal Conneely

Post by Donal Conneely »

WE will need a flask and sandys :-D . Looks like a nice spin.
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

It's lovely route. Great roads and scenery. We'll stop for grub on our way into Belmullet and continue on out to Blacksod afterwards. That way we won't be eating too soon to our return to Ballina for the BBQ! ;-)