Kadettfest 2014 - Ballina Sunday 13th April

Details of Upcoming Events & Meets.
James Clarke

Re: Kadettfest 2014 - Ballina Sunday 13th April

Post by James Clarke »

Thanks lads. :opelflag I think this format of Kadettfest was the best combination to date. Going forward the meet venue will be the same car park and I reckon I will use the same route for the run at least next year as even though there are lots of different routes few have as good a road surface through out. Sorry to hear some got lost at start of run. Will take that on board for next year and direct cars out of town with a couple of Stewarts on junctions. Couple of other things to take on board for next year too and all feedback welcome. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Ted O'Connell

Post by Ted O'Connell »

Looks like ye had a great event, I spent the day searching for an exhaust manifold.
Ted O'Connell,
086-3256751.
Sean McCaffrey

Post by Sean McCaffrey »

Well James.. have marked it down as one to diffo hit again and yip a wee arrow or person with a bib at those old roundabouts would be great :-).. Well done on putting it all together, and in fairness I seen afterwards your Garmin link for the run so probably should have noted the direction it went but as you say Ballina not the easy to get about especially when dreaded road works pop up at a junction... Those lads must have been on double time and pay :-).. No doubt putting in water meters for our money hungry government...
What's for ya won't go by ya.... Unless it's an Opel :-)
Sean McCaffrey

Post by Sean McCaffrey »

Willie Ryan wrote:Sorry to hear that Sean. It's something we're going to have to improve for next year as Ballina isn't the easiest of towns to negotiate when you don't know the area.
A road book of the route similar to what we used on the Sligo Run and Ted's Run would be an idea.
I saw your car there but didn't get to meet you unfortunately but I'm sure our paths will cross again later in the year! :-)

Now could be wrong Willie but I think we did chat.. it was a strange day trying to fathom who was who from the forum here... :-)... Have you an Ascona been built at the moment, as I'm near sure it was you I was talking to about it and manta engines.. If not I have the wrong man but if that rings a bell that was me... Small and bald is my best description.. :P
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

Haha! No that wasn't me but going my your description of 'small and bald' I would say that was our Chairman, Vinny Ward, you were talking to. :-D
Well, that and the fact that he's building an Ascona and knows too much about Manta engines!! :-D
Sean McCaffrey

Post by Sean McCaffrey »

Willie Ryan wrote:Haha! No that wasn't me but going my your description of 'small and bald' I would say that was our Chairman, Vinny Ward, you were talking to. :-D
Well, that and the fact that he's building an Ascona and knows too much about Manta engines!! :-D
Aha that is who it was did mention chairman and I should hasten to add.. Small and bald description of myself.. jeepers would not be cheeky enough to describe someone else like that .. :shifty: Give me details on how to check out the Ascona on Retropower.. so did that.. very nice indeed.. ohhh to have pockets that go to your ankles.. :-)
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Brendan Gormley

Post by Brendan Gormley »

A big thank you to all involved in Kadettfest. It was my first but defo not my last. Great to have time to go around and meet so many opel fans. Well done...
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

@Sean - Ooops!! God I hope Vinny doesn't read this or I'll be in big trouble! :-D

@Brendan - Great to meet you again Brendan. Hopefully we'll see you out with the Kadett again soon!
Liam Healy

Post by Liam Healy »

do u have the blue kadett c saloon Brendan?
Keep her sideways and between the ditches