Re: Wicklow Mountain Run 2014

Post by Liam Healy »

yes thanks Bob and Willie A Great Run
Keep her sideways and between the ditches
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

Sounds like it was a great success fair play to all involved, gutted to have missed it.
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Ted O'Connell

Post by Ted O'Connell »

Well done to Bob & Willie on the 1st Wicklow Run, great scenery & food. Nice selection of cars. Onwards & upwards from here lads.
Ted O'Connell,
086-3256751.
James Clarke

Post by James Clarke »

Savage route for a run lads. Couldn't imagine a beter spot to break in new suspension in GT. Great job Bob & Willie & great chatting to all on the day. Started new thread with my pics on following link. http://www.opelvauxhallclubireland.com/ ... 7824#p7824
Oh and Vinnie and Sean are great men to have on a run in a pinch. :opelflag
Sean McCaffrey

Post by Sean McCaffrey »

Mighty run lads.. well done to Willie and Bob... great scenery and roads to boot... Cheers to Bob for the guided tour thru Tallaght on the way back.. Sign of a good run is when the 7 year old asked could we go back next year... (He is already counting the days to Ted's run)... Have yet to inform him of the Mantafest as not sure if will get or not...

Hard to beat a wee break down to add to the fun.... having availed of help myself on previous runs, delighted to have the bits needed to get Richie going again... sure we were like a pair of McGyvers under the car getting it going again...

Roll on the next one and great to meet and get to know folks and their cars...
What's for ya won't go by ya.... Unless it's an Opel :-)
Nigel Jones

Post by Nigel Jones »

Sorry I didn't even get to the start in Naas but shit happened, what do you do? :(
It don't figure, the closest to the event and I couldn't make it.
Looks like another enjoyable well organised event by the OVCI crew. :handgestures-thumbsup: I really better get my ass in gear and get to one of these events soon otherwise I might as well sell everything and take up knitting.
"Enjoy the ride, don't worry about the destination" James Glickenhaus
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

Haha! Don't worry Charlie, you'll get there eventually! ;-)
James Clarke

Post by James Clarke »

Charlie Smith wrote:Sorry I didn't even get to the start in Naas but shit happened, what do you do? :(
It don't figure, the closest to the event and I couldn't make it.
No worries. As you say, life happens. There is always next year. It is good to get a bit of enjoyment driving the car after all the work going into them.
Charlie Smith wrote:Looks like another enjoyable well organised event by the OVCI crew. :handgestures-thumbsup: I really better get my ass in gear and get to one of these events soon otherwise I might as well sell everything and take up knitting.
I can swap you a good pair of me ma's knitting needles for some of your GT's if it comes to it. :-D
Nigel Jones

Post by Nigel Jones »

James Clarke wrote:
Charlie Smith wrote:Looks like another enjoyable well organised event by the OVCI crew. :handgestures-thumbsup: I really better get my ass in gear and get to one of these events soon otherwise I might as well sell everything and take up knitting.
I can swap you a good pair of me ma's knitting needles for some of your GT's if it comes to it. :-D
You don't know how tempting that offer is!
"Enjoy the ride, don't worry about the destination" James Glickenhaus
James Martin

Post by James Martin »

Just want to thank Willie and Bob for organising the run. Really enjoyed it and the food in Woodenbridge was very nice. There was great cars on show. Looking forward to the next run.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough