Joint meet with Blitz&Griffin in Galway on 2nd Sept 2012

Details of Upcoming Events & Meets.
Nigel Jones

Re: Joint meet with Blitz&Griffin in Galway on 2nd Sept 2012

Post by Nigel Jones »

Ed Turner wrote: one of blitz members is a photography student to so should get some great shots.
But only if he is near the end of his course and not the beginning! :lol:
"Enjoy the ride, don't worry about the destination" James Glickenhaus
Donal Conneely

Post by Donal Conneely »

Charlie Smith wrote:
Ed Turner wrote: one of blitz members is a photography student to so should get some great shots.
I think there different shots Charlie your on about. :text-lol:
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

Road from Galway City to Maam Cross is closed from 7AM until 2PM on Sunday the 2nd September due to the Ironman event taking place on that day. I'll try to get an alternative route by this evening. Maybe longer but could still end up in Furbo.

2 Hours 6 Minutes drive - taking in Galway, Headford, Cong, Clonbur, Maam, Maam Cross, Costelloe, Furbo.
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Ed Turner

Post by Ed Turner »

Well big thanks to Dermot saved a bit of hashing around on day thanks to bloody iron man contest, men in tight underpants running around is no excuse to close road down quite frankly.

Cheers for phone call and great job on New route, will look at later and check meeting place still right spot, Thursday a busy day for me so was caught off guard on phone earlier.
Ed Turner

Post by Ed Turner »

Donal Conneely wrote:
Charlie Smith wrote:
I think there different shots Charlie your on about. :text-lol:

:happy-jumpeveryone: :text-lol: missed that before.

Blitz meeting info page copy changed the meeting place due to he-man competition causing route change.

As above Galway meet needed a new date as it being so close to Birr, originally a bank holiday and Padricians being full to a new date is SEPTEMBER 2nd 2012.

Meeting at 12

At Menlon Hotel - http://www.menloparkhotel.com/Galway-Hotel-Location/, directions below

Leaving 12.30 sharp Headford,- Cong,- Clonbur,- Maam,- Maam Cross,- Costelloe,- Photo's at Spiddal Harbour as Dec meet 2011 if none on route - on to Padraicins for Food, tables booked for 3.30-4pm arrival

Map of Route

As with Birr I am needing numbers as soon as possible so I can get in touch with Padricians and make sure we have room for food and not delayed waiting for space etc etc

Directions to the Menlo Park Hotel

Approaching from Dublin

Martin Roundabout
Coming off the new Motorway take the 2nd exit off the roundabout signposted ‘Galway City West/ Sligo’
Lynch Junction at ‘KFC’
Go straight through signposted ‘Galway’ which will bring you on the N6 Dual Carriageway
Morris Junction after the ‘Toyota Garage’
Go straight through following signs for ‘Clifden N84 / Galway N7’
Font Junction on the Tuam Road
Follow straight through signposted ‘Clifden N59 / Castlebar’
Kirwan Roundabout at ‘Motorpark’
The hotel is located on the far side of this roundabout, yellow building. Take the 3rd exit and the hotel entrance is a few hundred yards on the right hand side.

Approaching from Limerick / Shannon

Roundabout 1
Approaching Oranmore Village take 2nd exit off the roundabout signposted Galway City.
Roundabout 2
Take the 2nd exit off the roundabout signposted ‘Galway West’ travelling on the dual Carriageway-N6.
Roundabout 3
Take the 2nd exit following sign for Galway West, staying on the N6.
*** Then follow directions approaching from Dublin Roundabout 1 above

Approaching from Sligo

Font Junction
Turn Right .. signposted ‘Clifden N59 / Castlebar’
Roundabout 2 – Kirwan Roundabout
The Hotel is located on the far side of this roundabout, yellow building. Take the 3rd exit and the hotel entrance is a few hundred yards on the right hand side.

GPS Coordinates

Latitude 53.287384 Longitude -9.045782
Donal Conneely

Post by Donal Conneely »

These things happen Ed not to worry.
A lot of good feed back from this side.
Denis Fitzgerald

Post by Denis Fitzgerald »

roads are bad enough out that side of galway,humps and hollows,as long as people take their time will be fine, looking forward to this meet :)
"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

Denis Fitzgerald wrote:roads are bad enough out that side of galway,humps and hollows,as long as people take their time will be fine, looking forward to this meet :)
The roads have been resurfaced in the last 2 years and are not as bad as they once were. The 2nd of September is perfect as it doesn't clash with the All-Ireland Hurling final now that Galway are in it! Woohoo!!!!!
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Ed Turner

Post by Ed Turner »

Can I get people numbers for the day by weekend after next, think its 25/26th. Drivers, wife's, family etc etc. Told pads 20 when I phoned and we past that in cars alone I think.

:happy-jumpeveryone:
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

Me +3.