Ted's OPEL-VAUXHALL Run 2012.

Details of Upcoming Events & Meets.
Ted O'Connell

Ted's OPEL-VAUXHALL Run 2012.

Post by Ted O'Connell »

Details for Ted's OPEL-Vauxhall Run 2012.

This event has grown to be the largest Opel/Vauxhall event in Ireland. The 2011 Run had a total of 84 cars participating from all over Ireland, and spanning from the early 1960’s to 2011. This year as Co-Sponsors we are delighted to have on board again, the Kevin O’Leary Group (OPEL Dealers), together with Cartell.ie (Vechicle History Check).

With this being the fifth year of the Run we are concentrating on the roads of West Cork and South Kerry areas. Some of the countrys most scenic countryside and landscape and also some roads that have been used as rally stages in the past will be travelled.

The 2012 Run will be based at the Eccles Hotel in Glengarriff, Co Cork. There are special Accomidation rates for those who wish to stay in the Hotel. These are €50 pps for a one night stay, or €40 pps per night, for a two night stay.

Please contact the Hotel to book, and reference the Opel Run and bookings must be made before 12th July. The Eccles Hotel number is 027-63003.

On the 11th August, Registration will take place from 9am -10am and departing the Hotel grounds at 10.15, SHARP.

A fee of €20 per car will apply and each driver will receive a starter pack, (including starters prize for the driver + other goodies and raffle tickets for all passengers, young and old).

We will travel from Glengarriff towards Adrigole and up the Healy Pass, on to Kenmare Bridge and returning to Glengarriff via Bonane and the Tunnell’s, returning to the Eccles Hotel for Lunch.

Lunch is available to those who wish to avail of it, at a cost of €15 per person, (LUNCH = choice of 2 Main course, Dessert, T/C). Lunch payment will be taken and Meal Voulchers given at registration. After Lunch we will have a raffle and a presentation of some of the Awards.

Then we will set off on the second leg of the Run. We will depart the Hotel grounds and head for Bantry, on to Durras, Ahakista, (here we will make a brief stop at the site of the “Air India Disaster” Garden of Rememberance) on to Kilcrohane, with a stop here for light refreshments and continuing on over the Goat’s Path into Bantry and returning to the Eccles Hotel in Glengarriff where after a rest there will be as alway,s a great Social night.

As always we will have 4 Special Awards to be awarded to cars at various locations, these will be chosen by independent individuals. There is also the Perpetutual Shield to be handed out, which will be drawn from all the cars perticipating in the Run, (this gives everyone a fair chance of winning it, be it a Vintage or Modern car).

For those who wish to continue on the Sunday we will be attending the Crookstown Vintage Day.

All you need to attend is an Opel or Vauxhall of any era, so come and join us for a breathtaking scenic drive through the Southwest.
Hope to see you all there.
For further information contact:- Ted 086 3256751, Darren 087 6185749. (Facebook) Ted’s Opel- Vauxhall Run 2012.
Ted O'Connell,
086-3256751.
Donal O'Hanlon

Re: Ted's OPEL-VAUXHALL Run 2012.

Post by Donal O'Hanlon »

sounds good might to this :auto-car: :lol:
James Clarke

Post by James Clarke »

Can't make it this year as I am heading to London for a look at the games. Hope to get the Mig down there next year though. Best of luck with it. Looking forward to pics.
Dermot Higgins
Site Admin

Post by Dermot Higgins »

I'll be there.
"Really skilled drivers have smashed bugs on their side windows too" - Walter Röhrl
Donal Conneely

Post by Donal Conneely »

I will see you there.
Liam Healy

Post by Liam Healy »

ted am really hoping to god i can get to this this year

did u see wat the fools did over in the yellow corner my god

unreal
Keep her sideways and between the ditches
Ted O'Connell

Post by Ted O'Connell »

I know Liam, :shhh: :text-offtopic: :text-lol:
Ted O'Connell,
086-3256751.
Denis Fitzgerald

Post by Denis Fitzgerald »

will be there with the kadett(for the big reveal) lol
"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Willie Ryan

Post by Willie Ryan »

I'll bring the fireworks and party poppers Denis! :occasion-partyblower:
Darren Murphy

Post by Darren Murphy »

Rooms are filling steadily in the Eccles for the run. Dont forget To Book by Ringing the Hotel & mentioning Ted's Opel-Vauxhall Run before July 10th The Eccles Hotel number is 027-63003.